Coffee cake doesn’t necessarily have to be cake-like in nature. This is one of the most delicious coffee cake recipes that you’re going to find and will typically make a real impression on your family and friends.It is also one of the simplest coffee cake recipes we’ve found in a long while.
There is no better way to start a holiday breakfast than with a coffee cake that is made using delectable flaky pastry as the base. The more you roll out the flaky pastry or puff pastry, the more flaky it becomes. Don’t over handle your pastry as it may become tough.
A super way to welcome guest in the evening is with a super coffee cake. If you’re interested in home made Christmas or holiday gifts you will want to create this coffee cake, place it in a pretty box or foil container and when you present it, add a small laminated recipe card with the coffee cake recipe on it so that they can recreate your genius.
To Make the Danish Coffee Cake
- one package puff pastry
- one cup of your favorite jam or jelly
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 4 ounce block of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
To make the cheese cake
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees or the temperature recommended on your puff pastry.
- Beat the cream cheese with the sugar using an electric mxer until it is light and fluffy
- Take one sheet of puff pastry and roll it out until it is about twelve inches long
- Spread the cream cheese on the puff pastry, leaving about an inch on all sides of the pastry
- Mix the orange juice with your favorite flavor of jam or jelly. A few that you might try which are delicious are low sugar apricot jam, or low sugar raspberry jam that is remarkably fresh-tasting.
- Top the cream cheese with your jam or jelly, again, leaving an inch for sealing on all sides
- Take one side and fold it into the center.
- Take the second side and fold it inward to the middle, slightly overlapping the two sides
- Press lightly around the edges to seal it using dampened fingers.
- Lightly slit the pastry in two or three diagonal slices.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake according to the directions on your puff pastry
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes and then sift powdered sugar lightly over the top.